A building survey will help you make informed decisions about a property and its maintenance and repair. We will visually inspect premises and prepare a building survey that details the property’s condition and any significant defects. Our survey will be prepared considering your interest in the premises , whether that is freehold, leasehold, investment or occupation.
Why work with us?
Stratton Creber Commercial is a long established regional firm that provides quality building surveyor services. rather than graduates or general practice surveyors, we only use qualified building surveyors with years of experience and it is these surveyors that will work with you, usually on a one to one basis with support from the whole SCC team.
Due to this approach, we can usually guide clients through an array of technical or legislative changes, saving clients time and money on core building surveyor services.
Property is frequently a significant proportion of a business’s costs. Awareness of future liabilities and repairs needed allows you avoid costly mistakes and include works in your business plan. Stratton Creber Commercial provide the professional expertise and experience in Commercial Property required, to assist and support your decisions.
- Building surveys are prepared by our team of Chartered Building Surveyors who are members of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (MRICS) and hold degree level Building Surveying qualifications. All our surveyors have many years’ experience preparing surveys and inspecting a wide variety of premises.
- Stratton Creber Commercial carry professional indemnity insurance and are a registered firm with the Royal institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS); complying with RICS reporting standards.
- With offices in Truro, Plymouth, and Exeter we specialise in providing Building Surveys on Commercial Premises across Devon, Cornwall and the South West.
- We are experienced in preparing Building Surveys of Commercial Property. Property held for a commercial purpose, rather than the house you live in, often requires a more detailed and bespoke report than that covered residential surveys. We are used to advising on unique aspects of commercial property including; buildings which often differ in construction from residential buildings, suitability for your business, proposed alterations, lease arrangements, dilapidations, identifying future liabilities etc.
- We provide surveys of larger, more complex or historic residential properties where you may benefit from a bespoke survey report, and where all or part of a commercial building includes residential space e.g. student accommodation, hotels, guest houses or flats.
What do we provide?
- Pre-acquisition Building surveys. Before Freehold, Leasehold acquisition to look at all aspects of the buildings construction and identify the condition of the component parts
- Identification of significant problems or defects. Early identification of major issues or faults in a property before they are your responsibility.
- Informed decision making on maintenance and repair, allowing planning of future works and informed decisions to be made on; whether to purchase, negotiate on purchase price or negotiate lease terms.
- Reporting by experienced Chartered Building surveyors specialising in Commercial Property.
- Reporting by local specialists in the South West, across Devon and Cornwall, with Truro, Plymouth, and Exeter offices
- Reporting by specialists in Commercial Property experienced in preparing Building Surveys of offices, shops, retail, industrial, warehouses, business parks, public houses, post offices, doctor’s surgeries, hotels, guest houses, schools, listed buildings, private and public sector buildings and many more.
- Identify cost implications of existing tenants or proposed leases and dilapidations liability
- Bespoke reporting based on your your future plans for the building
- Stratton Creber Commercial also provide a full design, specification, contract administration, maintenance planning, move management and project managements service to deliver fitout, refurbishment, maintenance, or new-build works. Further details of Building Consultancy Services to support your property needs can be found here.
Who to contact
Commercial property is our business, get in touch with one of our experts today.
Other services we provide
Agency Acquisition & Disposal
We offer advice on the acquisition and disposal, both freehold and leasehold, of all kinds of commercial property, ranging in size from the largest buildings, sites and ...
Our building consultancy teams provide technical support to assess the condition of property, provide reports, and deliver building projects.
We provide a comprehensive rates advice and appeal service for any type of commercial property.
Development & Planning
Successive Governments have introduced a wide variety of policies designed to encourage and enable development to meet the demands of a growing population.
Stratton Creber Commercial provides a range of commercial lease advisory services, including rent reviews, lease renewals and general advice on landlord and tenant ...
We take care of all aspects of property management for commercial property owners, removing the stresses of property ownership whilst maximising asset value.
Surgery & Medical Premises
Stratton Creber Commercial has specialised in the capital and rental valuation of Doctors surgeries and other Healthcare use buildings for over 20 years, and regularly ...
Our specialist team of registered valuers use their market knowledge and combined experience to undertake property valuations across a wide range of commercial, ...