As commercial property managers, we are often asked the question “Should I be using a managing agent?”, sometimes followed by “What can a Managing Agent do for me?”
Efficient management of commercial investments will ultimately influence value, and minimise associated costs to landlords, as well as reducing the exposure to property owners when things go wrong.
The use of a good managing agent will facilitate these ends, whilst removing the day-to-day stresses of commercial property ownership.
In contrast, a poorly managed property can result in a financial drain on the landlord’s income from the investment as well as putting it at risk from breaches in regulations. Where it is the intention to sell an investment, a negative effect on value and potential delays in sale can result if it has suffered from poor management.
Stratton Creber Commercial prides itself in providing an exemplary property management service to its clients, and can tailor this service to the specific requirements of the property owner.
We can take care of all aspects of property management for commercial property owners, which include:
- Collection of rents, service charge and insurance premiums, Instruct solicitors or certified enforcement agents on unpaid rent and other charges
- Submit service charge demands, collect payments, prepare annual reconciliation, circulate service charge accounts
- Engage and pay suppliers, contractors, staff and others providing services.
- Produce budgets for future expenditure and reserves, administer funds and provide information to auditors.
- Maintain separate Clients’ accounts and ledgers, prepare and submit statements and accounts with balances and supporting invoices at quarterly intervals and to comply with RICS Accounts Regulations
- Arrange and supervise maintenance contracts for plant and equipment, general cleaning, security, landscape maintenance, etc.
- Carry out periodic inspections
- Deal with day-to-day repairs to structure, plant, fixtures, fittings and equipment, and with emergency repairs.
- Administer insurance on behalf of the Landlord
- Commission Risk Assessments to ensure compliance with Fire Safety, Disability Discrimination and Asbestos Regulations
If you have an enquiry relating to the ongoing management of a commercial property or wish to discuss the appointment of a managing agent, please contact Chris Reed at Stratton Creber Commercial on 01752 670700.
Chris Reed BSc (Hons) MA