Building surveyor Matthew Williams led a £130K refurbishment of St Edward’s Church Hall in Eggbuckland, Plymouth.
Completed in phases to meet the availability of grant funding, the project included remodelling the internal space and ramp, recovering the flat roof, upgrading insulation, renewing parking areas, upgrading the fire alarm and building services, provision of a powered entry door, toilet re-planning and replacing the windows.
Throughout the project a range of services were delivered:
- Measured survey
- Design / architectural works
- Principal Designer Construction (Design and management) Regulations CDM
- Planning application and obtaining approval
- Building regulation application and obtaining approval
- Specification of works
- Invitation of competitive tenders on behalf of the client
- Agreement of programme and costs with contractors
- Appointment of contractors on behalf of the client
- Site meetings and monitoring of quality of contractor’s works
- Issue of instructions
- Cost and change control
- Certification of stage payments to the contractor
- Administration of building project
- Snagging and defect listing
- Handover of operation, maintenance and health and safety file
- Agreement of final accounts
- Phased handover of completed works.
About Matthew Williams:
Matthew is a Chartered Building Surveyor assisting in property change and improvement; providing support on technical building matters, reports and delivering building projects.
After working for major surveying firms in the South East and across the UK, Matthew moved to the South West nine years ago.